Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 9 - A Month Without Groceries


August 21, 2009

Last night's dinner was fantastic if I do say so myself. Mike even liked the rice and ranked it #2 of all of the meals I have made so far. Tonight we have a neighborhood potluck to attend. A number of my neighbors are also Facebook friends. To them I say this, do not be afraid of my contribution this evening. I will be bringing forks and plates. No, just kidding!

Being from the midwest, I grew up on tasty casseroles (pronounced “Hot Dish” in Minnesota). I will be bringing Chicken Divan. Chicken Divan is a chicken casserole served with broccoli and almonds in a Mornay sauce (white sauce with cheese). Should be good...or at least non-offensive for most.

Tomorrow's dinner with friends will be a bit more challenging, but I think I have a plan. I will put a chicken on the rotisserie and serve it with green beans in a dijon vinaigrette and a salad. I just need my lettuce to hang on for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment