Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 7 - A Month Without Groceries


August 19, 2009

Today is the first day of school for Ania. She prefers hot lunch at school so I am officially off the hook for her lunches Monday through Friday. One thing I have noticed is they eat lunch late so they are supposed to bring a healthy, non-messy morning snack to school. That could be interesting. I'll try not to embarrass her too much with the snacks I send (like croutons or something crazy like that). I will definitely have to assess what we have available.

This marks the end of the first week of the challenge. So far, I haven't felt impacted at all by not going to the grocery store. Mike and Ania have indicated they are pleasantly surprised by the meals I have made for them over the course of the week. I hope their perspective remains consistent throughout. By the end, they may want to wring my neck for using them as guinea pigs.

Tonight I plan to make a roasted chicken. I thought about doing it on the rotisserie, but changed my mind when I decided I didn't want to clean all of the parts after the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment