Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 6 - A Month Without Groceries


August 18, 2009

We are at Day 6, which means we have almost reached a week of this challenge. I realize we have a long way to go, but this week school starts which will make this challenge much easier. Ania will be in school starting on Wednesday and will not be snacking ALL DAY LONG! For being a skinny thing, she sure can put away the food. I am certain she will thank her Dad for her metabolism when she is older.

So far, Mike has indicated he has really liked all of the dinners I have prepared for him. He has ranked them in the following order:
1 – Sea Bass with Creamy Polenta
2 – Chicken Noodle Soup
3 – Chicken Cordon Bleu
4 – Chicken Enchiladas
5 – Choo Chee Chicken

You have probably noticed we eat a lot of poultry and seafood and no beef or pork. That is because I consider myself a “Chickatarian”. I was a vegetarian for 13 years, but now I eat poultry and seafood. Mike still gets beef and pork, it is just less frequently than in the average U.S. Household. He doesn't seem to mind....at least he hasn't mentioned it.

We still have a very long list of options for dinner. Tonight, I need to use up some of our fresh veggies before they get funky. I plan to make barbecue pork sandwiches with cole slaw for Mike and Ania. I may end up eating one of those turkey corn dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment