Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 8 - A Month Without Groceries


August 20, 2009

This is the first day of the second week of the Month without Groceries challenge. This weekend is going to be interesting with a potluck on Friday evening and dinner guests coming over on Saturday. On Sunday, we have another social event. Phew! I have Friday's meal planned but I need to get started on a plan for Saturday. More to come on this.

Dinner yesterday went over well. Ania finished all of her chicken and Mike almost polished off the rest of the bird. I saved the bones as usual for a future Chicken Soup night. I may have to pull it out before the end of this challenge!

Tonight I have decided to make grilled Mahi Mahi with rice pilaf and mixed vegetables. I know Ania will like the rice and Mike will like the Mahi Mahi, but Ania isn't a fan of fish and Mike isn't a fan of rice. Oh well!

I have started keeping closer track of the meals and the reactions from Mike and Ania. I am thinking it will be good to see overall what are considered my best meals and which are not the fan faves. That way I can adjust our menu accordingly after the challenge is complete.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I came across this blog! What a cool idea and challenge! Keep up the good work! :-)

    ReplyDelete