Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 5 - A Month Without Groceries


August 17, 2009

Today is Day 5 of the No Groceries for a Month Challenge. After this past weekend, I have determined that my most challenging days will be Saturdays and Sundays when both Mike and Ania are home most of the day. I have noticed they both like to snack which is problematic for me trying to monitor ingredients for future meals. I think they are getting sick of me asking “What are you eating?”

Mike has plenty of leftovers for lunches this week. In addition to some Chicken Enchiladas, he also has some soup from last night's meal. He seems to really like leftovers which is great for me.

Tonight, I have decided to make a Thai chicken dish. We call it Choo Chee Chicken after a fantastic meal we had one time at a restaurant. The meal consists mainly of chicken, coconut milk, and red curry paste served over rice. I don't think Ania will like it because it will probably be too spicy for her. If that is indeed the case, she will be getting a corn dog from the gigantic box in the freezer. We certainly have plenty of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment