Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 4 - A Month Without Groceries


August 16, 2009

Day 4 of the challenge has made me think more about weekend breakfasts. I had planned on making pancakes from a mix that just requires water so that I don't have to hear any complaints about how deprived Mike and Ania are for having to eat cereal on the weekends. Much to my surprise, by the time I got downstairs (at 7:30am), Ania had already eaten cereal. So much for pancakes this morning.

Today is a bit cooler than most August days so I have decided to make Chicken Noodle Soup for dinner. I know Mike and Ania both like it and we will have lots of left overs for lunches. I know this is a bit odd to some, but I keep the bones from our roasted chickens and freeze them to make chicken stock. Last time I checked, I had 3 bags of it in the freezer. Time to use it!

I foresee an upcoming challenge with a potluck party planned for next week. I don't know what I will bring yet, but think I need to plan wisely so my contribution to the potluck is acceptable. We also have a party to attend at the end of the month, but I think I can bring a bottle of wine to that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment