Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 11 - A Month Without Groceries

August 23, 2009

Today is Day 11 and it is a Sunday. Ugh. I like weekends, but I find them very challenging when it comes to keeping everyone from snacking all day long. This morning, Mike ate the pancakes that were leftover from breakfast yesterday and Ania had cereal. I can officially check breakfast off the list. It is the “second breakfast” that I am concerned about. Second breakfast is the time between breakfast and lunch when Mike and Ania like to snack.

This evening, we are supposed to go to a friends house for dinner so I am off the hook. I just need to make it through the morning and lunch.

Our running total spent on groceries this month is $1.58 for a half gallon of milk. I noticed last time I was there that the gallon of milk costs just 11 cents more. Since Ania can't drink a whole gallon before it starts to taste funny, I don't like to buy the gallon. It is definitely time to make a trip to the store to buy some more so I might have to consider getting the gallon size this time.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the work week and should get us back into the groove with meals. I am definitely looking forward to a less chaotic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment