Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 10 - A Month Without Groceries



August 22, 2009

We have reached Day 10. After this evening's meal, I will be one third finished! There is an interesting side effect of this challenge. It is one that I hadn't considered before I started. I am finding myself being a lot more creative with my cooking. Additionally, I am not repeating meals. I hope I can keep it up until the end of the experiment, but that will depend mainly on the ingredients I have left and my ability to maintain some level of creativity in how I use what I have. Mike has indicated he really likes this challenge because he feels the food is better. Hmmm. That is definitely food for thought for me.

This morning for breakfast I am making pancakes. I hope they stick to Mike's and Ania's ribs so they aren't hungry at 10am.

This evening we are entertaining some friends for dinner. I mentioned yesterday that I would be putting a chicken on the rotisserie and will serve it with a few sides. Our guests have volunteered to bring a salad and a fruit salad which was a wonderful surprise. They aren't even Facebook friends so they don't know they are walking into the middle of an experiment. I wonder if they will notice.

I made a trip to the liquor store yesterday and spent about $350 on a couple cases of wine and some beer. I think we should be set! Part of me feels bad and most of me feels excited to be able to enjoy a nice glass of wine with my meals. Cheers to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment