Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 32 - A Month Without Groceries


Another weekend day and I swear, these breakfasts are going to kill me! We have cold cereal, but that is what the family has all week long and typically, I like to make breakfast somewhat special on weekends. I managed to dig up some waffle mix so breakfast was respectable.

This challenge has impacted more than just our eating habits. It has also significantly decreased the number of grocery bags we have on hand. I try to use the eco-friendly bags when I go to the store, but sometimes the bags are not enough to hold the food I buy. In those cases, we get plastic bags to supplement the ones I bring with me. To ensure we make use of those plastic bags, we use them to pick up after the dogs. After feeling guilty because we had way too many, we now have only a few left. We won't run out, but boy would that ever stink (no pun intended) if we did! Enough about that...it is gross.

For dinner this evening I will be making chow mein. I know it isn't my husband's favorite meal, but we have most of the ingredients and at this point, that is good enough! I don't have a recipe to follow so it will be more of a use what you've got approach. I am curious to know what the family will think.

No comments:

Post a Comment