Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Month Without Groceries - After Thoughts



September 17, 2009

I made my first visit to the grocery store yesterday and MAN did it feel good. I purchased some fresh produce to have a nice big salad with dinner and a few other items. My total was $56.67 which isn't too bad considering the state of my pantry. I expect that trip to the store will last us about a week for the produce and about 3 weeks for the other items (meats, cheese, etc). Not too shabby.

I have included a few pictures of our refrigerator, freezer, and pantry shelves after the challenge concluded. Pretty barren, but we still have a few things! With those few items we have remaining, I can make at least four dinners.

Rather than completely restock, I am really going to change the way I shop. Less focus on convenience and more focus on whole foods. Additionally, I will not purchase too much produce at a time to eliminate the possibility of things going bad or getting mushy before we can enjoy them.

I plan on keeping track of our spending over the next few months to ensure we stay on track and don't revert back to our old habits. I will likely post something approximately once a week or once every two weeks in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment